Thursday, July 28, 2022

Blue Mind Therapy

 How often do you think or say to yourself

" I need to get in the water...I need to surf"?

As surfers we are so lucky to know the release and relief that

being in the ocean and surf can provide.


Interestingly enough there is a mounting body of

scientific evidence to help explain why that happens.

If you aren't aware of it I'd suggest you get a hold of a copy 

Wallace J. Nichols book " BLUE MIND". The surprising

science that shows how being near, in, on, or under water 

can make you happier, healthier, more connected and 

better at what you do.


I trust or hope you have volunteered to work with those

not as fortunate as we are. There are any number of 

groups who take people surfing. I've been lucky enough 

to have worked with Veterans with PTSD, TBI and who

have lost limbs. I've volunteered to help children with autism

and other disabilities. I've even helped out in a program that

takes folks with visual impairments.


Did you know there is an International Adaptive Surfing 

competition as part of the ISA, Perhaps you can find

out who in your area is involved.


We are so lucky to be surfers and to know the wonderful

mental and emotional results of surfing. Please share the stoke

if you can. Find a group near you, volunteer. It will be therapy

for the participants and for you.

No comments: