Monday, March 16, 2009

Sunrises and Sunsets

Today my dog Happy and I watched as the sun emerged
from the ocean to start a day.  It was a truly beautiful
sunrise.  The sun was a brilliant orange red color and
there was not a cloud in the sky.  First we watched as a
tiny orange sliver appeared on the horizon.  Little by
little that sliver grew in size as the sky lit up with
beautiful color.  After a few minutes the ball of the sun
was over the ocean.

Happy and I were alone even though it was 7 am.  Why
is it that crowds gather in most west facing places to
watch the sun go down but rarely are there crowds to
watch the sun come up?  Surely it is an equally beautiful
and inspiring sight.  I thought so although I can't speak for
Happy.  We'll be back tomorrow to watch it again, no crowds,
no cocktails, no music, just peace, quiet and the promise of
another day.

No comments: