Saturday, December 13, 2008

I don't like the cold

I must admit it I hate the cold weather and am not 
at all a fan of winter!  The older I get the more I come to
grips with that simple fact.  Winter, to me, is something
to be endured not enjoyed.  

This morning the wind was offshore and fairly strong.
The surf was in the chest to head high range and Loch
Arbour had pointbreak like waves peeling for 100 or so yards.
I must confess I was glad I had to go to work.  I'm sure
once I put on my 5 mil wetsuit, boots, and gloves, and actually
got in the water I would have had fun but... Perhaps it's the
awareness that I've just returned from Puerto Rico and will be
heading back in a month or so.  Perhaps it is my advancing age.
Maybe it's just my aversion to cold.  Perhaps it's the sum of 
all the parts.

Lots of folks have to endure much worse these days.  My office
is filling up with clients whose concerns are much greater than
mine.  Why I'm not as stoked to go surfing when the air temperature is
25 degrees with a wind chill really isn't much of a real important
issue in the bigger picture but I really don't like the cold.

No comments: